search

Linggo, Hunyo 12, 2011

Todd Rundgren's Utopia: C.W. Post College - Long Island, NY - May 5, 1973

Best sounding verison of this show I could find. Super early stuff in support of A Wizard A True Star. The very first incarnation of Todd Rundgren's Utopia. This short lived tour was plauged with technical difficulties (M. Frog played in some sort of geodesic dome that looked like a space ship with the drummer on top of the dome). The band dressed all in black and no equipment was visible on stage  


Setlist: 
Dive Bombin' 
Utopia Theme
Black Maria
International Feel
Never Never Land
Tic Tic It Wears Off (only live one of these I've found)
Couldn't I Just Tell You
When the Shit Hits the Fan/Sunset Blvd. 
Le Feel Internacionale

Unknown Instrumental (I think this a Zappa melody--have to check)
We Are Crazy (M. Frog tune from his solo album, only time I've seen it live, too)
Is It My Name (another 1-off) 
Medley of Greatest Hits (yes as far back as '73 Todd was making fun of his "hits") 
Devil's Bite~Heavy Metal Kids~Devil's Bite (another 1-off with Devil's Bite)
Utopia Theme [Reprise]


ZIP FILE



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento